The choice regarding a child’s education is probably one of the most important considerations a family will make. At Port Hedland School of the Air, we respect the thought and care that goes into making that decision. This website is designed to inform families about what the school offers.
The core business of Port Hedland School of the Air is to provide quality education to children based in the Pilbara who don’t have access to a mainstream school. Other enrolments may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The school offers:
- 0-3 Year Old Online Early Learning Program
- Kindergarten to Year 6
- Support for travelling families emanating from or heading to the Pilbara region.
Port Hedland School of the Air is a public school and part of the Department of Education.
You will be asked to show the following documents before your child starts school:
- Birth Certificate or Birth Extract Australian
- Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement (current with two months)
- Copies of any Family Court or other Court Orders (if applicable)
- Proof of Residence – (c/- PO Box is not acceptable)
For personalised attention, feel free to call us on 08 9172 8100.